Crossing the Threshold

Death Midwifery, Green Burial Education, Seasonal Celebrations, Rites of Passage, Eco-Spirituality, Pagan Spirituality, Earth-Centered Spirituality. Nora Cedarwind Young's journal about these topics and more. www.thresholdsoflife.org

Name:
Location: Olympic Peninsula

I am a Death Midwife and Green Burial Educator. Committed to opening hearts and minds to the ways of the Eco-Spirituality Path, Pagan and Wiccan faiths. I am the first Eco-Spiritual-Pagan Clergy at my local Hospital and am committed to helping others open hearts and minds to my loving, ethical and responsible spirituality that is based on the seasons and cycles of nature and the phases of the moon. I love nature, especially the shores of my Northwest home, my husband who taught me love and trust are possible, my four children and soon to be grandchildren. My community is a true part of what makes me whole, as I see the value of chosen family or tribe, the people who will go through all experiences toghether without judgement, through our commitment to each other, my chosen tribe is the blessing that many people know through a large extended family. We keep each other accountable, supported and we educate each other with our gifts. I am committed to educating myself and others about the choices they have in this life, and the value of preparing for whatever choices we make. Love to homebrew beer and smoke wild salmon. Feast of the sea on the beach..that is living!

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Again.

Here I stand AGAIN at the threshold, seeing what the Goddess holds in the palm of her hand for me. I was recently elected to the board of People's Memorial Association www.peoplesmemorial.org - one of the oldest and most successful funeral consumer associations in the nation. Founded in 1939, presently serving over 100,000 members. More news on that to follow!

In May I was mentioned in an article featuring my mentor and teacher, Jerrigrace Lyons in Common Ground Magazine. Check it out - commongroundmag.com/2007/04/homefuneral0704.html - 22k - May 6, 2007 -
The entire issue is dedicated to green death, funerals, etc. Awesome.

Last but not least, I need to give a SHOUT OUT to my web goddess divine, Joanna Powell Colbert, creatrix of the Gaian Tarot and I ask you to go to her site now and check it out!! www.gaiantarot.com Joanna is who created the portrait of me titled "Threshold" before I knew that my website would be called that...you could say we are connected!

Take a look-see and let me know what you think. I am going to try to post regularly, there is just too much good news not to be blogging!

Many thanks for your patience with me, and as I stand at this new threshold, I truly feel your love and support.

Nora

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home