Crossing the Threshold

Death Midwifery, Green Burial Education, Seasonal Celebrations, Rites of Passage, Eco-Spirituality, Pagan Spirituality, Earth-Centered Spirituality. Nora Cedarwind Young's journal about these topics and more. www.thresholdsoflife.org

Name:
Location: Olympic Peninsula

I am a Death Midwife and Green Burial Educator. Committed to opening hearts and minds to the ways of the Eco-Spirituality Path, Pagan and Wiccan faiths. I am the first Eco-Spiritual-Pagan Clergy at my local Hospital and am committed to helping others open hearts and minds to my loving, ethical and responsible spirituality that is based on the seasons and cycles of nature and the phases of the moon. I love nature, especially the shores of my Northwest home, my husband who taught me love and trust are possible, my four children and soon to be grandchildren. My community is a true part of what makes me whole, as I see the value of chosen family or tribe, the people who will go through all experiences toghether without judgement, through our commitment to each other, my chosen tribe is the blessing that many people know through a large extended family. We keep each other accountable, supported and we educate each other with our gifts. I am committed to educating myself and others about the choices they have in this life, and the value of preparing for whatever choices we make. Love to homebrew beer and smoke wild salmon. Feast of the sea on the beach..that is living!

Friday, August 25, 2006

Why am I so happy?

I've had a busy time this summer, as the wheel turns toward the harvest festivals and the evenings take on the cool air that invokes thoughts of "not yet, I am not ready to surrender to the endless warm and ever blooming days of the present"

I have also made a fair amount of time to re-connect to my sense of place, and come home to center. As I have done my journey inward I can't help but to feel an in immense sense of fullness, of gratefulness....and I am happy!

Happiness
1. joy, the emotion of being happy.
2. Good luck; good fortune; prosperity.
3. An agreeable feeling or condition of the soul arising from good fortune or propitious happening of any kind; the possession of those circumstances or that state of being which is attended enjoyment; the state of being happy; contentment; joyful satisfaction; felicity; blessedness.

I have reflected daily for the past three weeks on what I am so full with, so happy from.....this community that has so truly blessed my life. The reality that we have a tribe that truly, unconditionally care for one another in the ways that any family would be truly grateful to have. This tribe has talents of plenty, creatrixes of artwork and network magick, healers of touch and allopathic medicine, food goddesses divine, organic farmer, military, elder care, seamstress, quilters, bookkeepers and life coach, singer, songwriter, stone carver, bookstore owner, engineer, plant and herbal wisdom keepers, salmon keeper, death midwife.....and every one of those talents are possessed by at least one person in our tribe, and many many more talents go unnamed. That we share our gifts and trades and crafts with one another, we support and hold each other up, we unconditionally guide each other even when the waters or thresholds, are challenging to navigate.

How do I share that I have never known so much goodness, so much love, so much talent and so much spiritual devotion that I have never been this happy? How can I write about that which I asked myself everyday for weeks and just felt more joy, more blessing, more fullness of full and glad heart?

Ah, serendipity.... as I took a deep breath and tried to blog....I saw the words on my bulletin board, torn from the bottom of a note my daughter Jess wrote me years earlier......

"In our daily lives, we must see it is not happiness that makes us grateful, but gratefulness that makes us happy." Albert Clarke

I know why I am so truly happy. I am truly grateful. Blessed Be.

Nora

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home