Crossing the Threshold

Death Midwifery, Green Burial Education, Seasonal Celebrations, Rites of Passage, Eco-Spirituality, Pagan Spirituality, Earth-Centered Spirituality. Nora Cedarwind Young's journal about these topics and more. www.thresholdsoflife.org

Name:
Location: Olympic Peninsula

I am a Death Midwife and Green Burial Educator. Committed to opening hearts and minds to the ways of the Eco-Spirituality Path, Pagan and Wiccan faiths. I am the first Eco-Spiritual-Pagan Clergy at my local Hospital and am committed to helping others open hearts and minds to my loving, ethical and responsible spirituality that is based on the seasons and cycles of nature and the phases of the moon. I love nature, especially the shores of my Northwest home, my husband who taught me love and trust are possible, my four children and soon to be grandchildren. My community is a true part of what makes me whole, as I see the value of chosen family or tribe, the people who will go through all experiences toghether without judgement, through our commitment to each other, my chosen tribe is the blessing that many people know through a large extended family. We keep each other accountable, supported and we educate each other with our gifts. I am committed to educating myself and others about the choices they have in this life, and the value of preparing for whatever choices we make. Love to homebrew beer and smoke wild salmon. Feast of the sea on the beach..that is living!

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Final Crossing

To be blessed in death, one must learn to live.
To be blessed in life, one must learn to die.
—medieval prayer

I have been reading an amazing book that arrived in my mailbox this week.
Author Scott Eberle has created an amazing look at end-of-life, a new, fresh look,
not like the loads of books that line my shelves on the same subject.

Final Crossing~Learning to Die in Order to Live is on the top of my "you have got to read this book list" ~for those of you that are interested in Death and Dying that is. And its for anyone that understands that death is a part of life; that countless cultures around the world since the beginning of time have embraced some form of death rite in life as a right of passage. Death is rebirth. Heal and be healed. Forget old wounds. Embrace the possibilites of a new day, a new perspective, a new chance.

Scott shares his personal vulnerabilities and his journey in this life that brought him to present day. I will write a true review when I am done, but wanted to at least share this book title and web site as soon as I could. Scott has quite the story to share, and the fact he has done so with such honesty, such truth of his past...invokes a truth we all know, we all have a past, and all those days brought us to be the wonder of the person we are now.

Check it out at www.thefinalcrossing.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home