Crossing the Threshold

Death Midwifery, Green Burial Education, Seasonal Celebrations, Rites of Passage, Eco-Spirituality, Pagan Spirituality, Earth-Centered Spirituality. Nora Cedarwind Young's journal about these topics and more. www.thresholdsoflife.org

Name:
Location: Olympic Peninsula

I am a Death Midwife and Green Burial Educator. Committed to opening hearts and minds to the ways of the Eco-Spirituality Path, Pagan and Wiccan faiths. I am the first Eco-Spiritual-Pagan Clergy at my local Hospital and am committed to helping others open hearts and minds to my loving, ethical and responsible spirituality that is based on the seasons and cycles of nature and the phases of the moon. I love nature, especially the shores of my Northwest home, my husband who taught me love and trust are possible, my four children and soon to be grandchildren. My community is a true part of what makes me whole, as I see the value of chosen family or tribe, the people who will go through all experiences toghether without judgement, through our commitment to each other, my chosen tribe is the blessing that many people know through a large extended family. We keep each other accountable, supported and we educate each other with our gifts. I am committed to educating myself and others about the choices they have in this life, and the value of preparing for whatever choices we make. Love to homebrew beer and smoke wild salmon. Feast of the sea on the beach..that is living!

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Housekeeping my threshold.

I am sorry it has been such a long time between posts.

July brought about numerous opportunities for me to have a lot of traffic across my personal thresholds. I am staying home today from some long awaited events, taking care me with much need rest. Sort of a cleansing and reannointing my threshold. Loving and healing myself so I am able to continue this path I have been so blessed to walk.

With the crossing of a beloved friend, the amazing and wonder~full birth of my first grandchild, and the gift of midwifing the crossing of our family patriarch and beloved elder.....I must say how awesome it is to have such an incredible community, chosen family to surround and care for me.
Concern for my sister Joanna, my personal grief, and guarding the hearts of my children who have lost a grandfather and are feeling grief's deep, searing jabs, and yet they are processing and healing too.

My energy is low, and I need a recharge. It's not often this sister pulls out of being right in the middle of something, but the energy I put out last month is needs to return to me, so here I am, waiting to refill this vessel I so need to care for.

Today, I am smelling the stargazer lilies that fill my house (left from Dean's memorial and our Lammas Celebration) I am feeling the sun on my skin and I am closing my eyes when they signal they are heavy, and I need more sleep. I am drinking in tea and carrot juice and doing tinctures to revive my adrenals that have been streched.....I am caretaking this caregiver.

I await the refill of spirit and energy. Until then, I'll dream and heal. Dream and Heal. Sounds good doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home